Water, an essential source of life, is equally crucial in maintaining the quality of life. We often hear and know that one should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. This helps in flushing out toxins and for proper functioning of the body.
But… did you also know that this simple, humble liquid can help you lose weight?
Yes, that’s right! With Water Therapy – following a prescribed technique when drinking water, it can actually help us reduce weight.
So, if this premise has gotten you all excited, let’s find out more about Water Therapy.
Water and the Human Body
Before embarking on any therapy with water lets understand some basic science behind this theory. Human body is made up of 60 -70% water and although water does not provide any calories or organic nutrients, it is still essential to the human body. So drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily keeps the body hydrated, flushes out toxins from the liver and kidneys as well as for general cell health. Some of the many benefits of water are –
- Lubricates the joints
- Forms saliva and mucus
- Delivers oxygen throughout the body
- Boosts skin health
- Regulates the body temperature
- Boosts performance during exercise
- Increases metabolism
In other words, drinking water may actually save you a trip to the doctors!
Why Water Aids Weight Loss
Losing weight by just drinking water seems too good to be true, but this is one of many weight loss methods. Studies have shown that drinking water is beneficial for weight loss. A structure approach in having water banded with a fitness regime is a sure win for losing weight.
There’s simple & logical reasoning to this theory….
Firstly, drinking water increases the number of calories burnt. And doing so before a meal can also reduce your appetite.
Secondly, replacing your intake of other fluids with water helps decrease your liquid caloric consumption, since water is calorie free.
Thirdly, proper water intake aids in digestion, helps prevent constipation and enables quicker removal of waste from the body.
Finally, hydrating well during workouts provides good muscle function and better movement of joints. Thereby assisting the body to burn fats optimally.
But to lose weight, you first need to subscribe to a routine. Following well-known Water Therapy methods is the best way to get started.
Types of Water Therapy
Water therapy shows you how to drink water the right way so that you can reap maximum benefits. While there are different approaches of this therapy, the most common ones are the Japanese Water Therapy and the Indian Ayurveda Water Therapy. Both these methods involve drinking water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach before brushing your teeth.
Let’s quickly look at what these methods involve.
Japanese water therapy
- Drink 4-5 glasses of water first thing in the morning before you brush your teeth. This helps to kick-start the day and flush out toxins from the body. Lukewarm or room temperature water on an empty stomach is best. It may be a challenge drinking so much water initially, so start with 1 or 2 glasses of water and increase gradually.
- Brush your teeth and make sure you do not eat anything for at least half an hour to forty-five minutes. You can involve yourself in some light exercise or yoga.
- After 45 mins you may eat or drink as per normal.
- Do not eat or drink anything for at least 2 hours after you have eaten your meals.
Ayurveda Water Therapy
- Sit down to drink your water or even to eat.
- Take small sips instead of chugging down the whole glass. Sip, swallow and breathe.
- Drink either warm or room temperature water.
- Drink when you feel thirsty
- Know the body signals for thirst
- Drink water first thing in the morning
- Drink from copper or silver vessels
Visit our blog on the benefits & details steps for these 2 Water Therapy methods.
Water therapy not only helps you to lose weight, but also has many other benefits such as improving your hair and skin making it radiant and glowing; giving relief from headaches and boosting immunity. Give this therapy a boost by drinking antioxidant alkaline water for added advantages. AOX hot & cold water dispensers help you get started right away.
So, make water therapy a part of your morning routine and reap everlasting benefits.
Stay Healthy, Choose AOX